Codemasters have announced that the world’s most expensive videogame – the GRID 2: Mono Edition – is available for pre-order with a price tag of £125,000. This exclusive edition of the game is available for just one customer and includes the highly-anticipated racing game GRID 2, a PlayStation® 3 to play it on, a 170 m.p.h. BAC Mono supercar – sporting a GRID 2 livery – and full driver race wear.
The BAC Mono, featured in the above trailer, is a British manufactured, road-legal, ultra-high performance supercar which stars in the game. Created from high-strength carbon fibre, the BAC Mono is an example of light-weight performance engineering and its 2.3 litre, 280 bhp four cylinder power plant will propel its driver from 0-60 m.p.h. in just 2.8 seconds.
At £125,000, the GRID 2: Mono Edition has set a new Guinness World Records title for the “Most Expensive Video Game Commercially Available – Special Edition” and will include a range of extras for the buyer to enjoy the ultimate experience of racing the car in-game and driving it in real life. The GRID 2: Mono Edition includes:
- A copy of GRID 2 for PlayStation 3 featuring bespoke packaging artwork
- BAC Mono supercar in exclusive GRID 2 livery
- A day at the BAC factory, which includes a factory tour and time spent with technicians, to customise the BAC Mono for size and specifications
- A GRID 2: Mono Edition branded Bell Racing helmet
- Race suit, boots & gloves all made to measure in BAC Mono and GRID 2 branding
- A PlayStation 3
The GRID 2: Mono Edition is available to pre-order in the UK exclusively at GAME but for those that are put off by the price Game are offering free postage & packing on the title.