We all love our gaming on the go, don’t we? Whether it is our urge for toilet gaming, or full blown titles miniaturised for our consumption on a small screen. But for some, the prospect of touch controls is the stigma that stops us investing our time in these titles. (we all know who we are!)
If Phonejoy Solutions America Inc have their way, this may be a thing of the past.
The Play merges the best from both worlds: fantastic gameplay as well as great portability. You get all the buttons you need for console games together with the ergonomics you will want for prolonged gaming sessions, and all that at a size that fits right in to your pocket!
- Closed mode: 102 mm (w) * 87mm (h) * 37 mm (d)
- Fully extended: 255 mm (w) * 87 mm (h) * 37 mm (d)
- Weight: about 250g
- Docks to smartphones of all sizes up to 153mm width and 14mm thickness
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Wireless range of up to 30 ft
- Battery power of more than 20 hours
- 14 programmable buttons
- 2 pressure sensitive analog sticks
- 3 LED indicators.
- Supports iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
- Four modes: HID Gamepad, HID Keyboard, iCade, Mouse
- Supported by more than 300 games on Android & iOS
This looks like an interesting little project, with a predicted release of units to backers from April 2013, so if you are interested in backing this work, head on over to kickstarter to pledge. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phonejoy/phonejoy-play-turn-your-phone-into-a-console