Often maligned for being a franchise that just churns out its title year by year without doing much, THQ have gone to town with this year’s version of their WWE franchise. Set to be the most authentic and extensive experience yet, WWE 13 has been transformed through various new features in this year’s iteration.
WWE 13 will be given a brand new audio and visual presentation format titled WWE Live which is set to produce the most authentic and vibrant commentary, sound effects and crowd participation levels ever heard in a WWE videogame thus far.
WWE 13 will also debut for the first time in the franchise’s history a single player campaign based on the most groundbreaking period of the WWE: the “Attitude Era”. Set during a time of colossal revolution and over the top personalities, players will focus on eight characters including the WWE Hall of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin who will be the focus of the first collector’s edition of the game.
Available exclusively in the UK for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 through Game and GameStation, the “Austin 3:16” Collector’s Edition is currently scheduled to offer the following items:
- Exclusive foil packaging featuring embossed Stone Cold Steve Austin skull
- Exclusive collectible art card personally autographed by Stone Cold Steve Austin
- Exclusive Stone Cold Steve Austin in-game attire: red skull t-shirt (circa 2001)
- Exclusive Stone Cold Steve Austin in-game ATV ring entrance
- “Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Bottom Line on the Most Popular Superstar of All Time” (DVD)
- Copy of WWE ’13 videogame
- Access to WWE Hall of Famer and WWE ’13 global pre-order offer Mike Tyson playable character
The roster – detailed below – was revealed last night and has received a major overhaul and includes over 85 superstars from the Attitude Era as well as current day superstars.
With WWE 13 set to be released at the tail end of this years gaming Silly Season, will the changes that THQ have implemented into the franchise be enough to ensure that it does not sink without a trace?