To celebrate the broadcast of the 100th episode of the Midlife Gamer Podcast, we’ve got a fantastic amount of promotional activity going on. Here’s the low-down on each and every competition we’re running.
1) The ‘Epic Loot’
Wow there’s simply a ton of stuff in this awesome haul. The kind of rare loot drop that a gamer could only dream of!
How to enter: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including ‘Epic Loot’ in the subject line, and give us your name, address and date of birth. Alternatively you can follow @midlifegamernet on Twitter and retweet the ‘Epic Loot’ related tweet, which will be sent out from the @midlifegamer Twitter feed.
Bonus entry: If you submit entries via email AND twitter, both entries will count towards the draw.
The ‘Epic Loot’ competition will run until Midday on Friday 16th July, and the winner will be drawn randomly from the submitted email & Twitter entries.
Ts & Cs and small print can be found at the bottom of this post.
So let’s have a look at what’s up for grabs…
The lucky winner will receive one of each of the following
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
Way of the Samurai (PS3)
Bioshock 2 Ltd Edition with art book & an ultra-rare faceplate (360)
Avalon Code (Nintendo DS)
We Sing + 2 Mics (Wii)
UK Truck Simulator (PC) Signed by the lovely people over at SCS Software
Halo Legends (DVD)
Dante’s Inferno (DVD)
MySims Agents “Top Secret” package
Male Half Minute Heroes T-shirt
Female Half Minute Heroes T-shirt
Batman: Arkham Asylum T-shirt (in a cool batarang package)
FIFA 10 T-shirt (XL)
Colin McRae Dirt 2 T-shirt (L)
Sony T-shirt “The game is just the start” (L)
Midnight Club LA baseball cap
Zelda Spirit Tracks – Link figure
Mini Ninjas figure
Sack Boy keyring
Fallout 3 Pipboy keyring
A mighty haul if you ever saw one.
WINNER – Ian Brown
But that’s not all, we didn’t say anything before, but there is a runner up prize which goes to – Paul Wood
The runner up gets Dante’s Inferno DVD, Halo Legends DVD, Crank 2 Blueray and 2 Half Minute Heroes T-shirts
But hey, it doesn’t stop there!
2) The Great Podcast Episode 100 celebratory Twitter Giveaway
For six consecutive days starting from Tuesday 6th July 2010 we’ll be giving away prizes galore via the @midlifegamer Twitter feed. Simply follow @midlifegamernet and retweet the competition announcement for each giveaway you want to win. You can enter each give-away once, so get your retweeting fingers ready!
Day 1: Half Minute Hero Bundle – Including a copy of Half Minute Hero on the PSP along with a pair of male and female Half Minute Hero T-shirts
Winner: Twitter name – Sharmski
Day 2: We have 2 XBLA codes for the music game Chime
Winner: Twitters name – Hencat1 & Mogg
Day 3: Today we are giving away a 6 episode set of Blue Toad Murder Files for the Playstation 3
Winner: Twitter name – ninjakrash
Day 4: We’re going to have a lot of winners today! There are 10 Lead and Gold codes for Steam.
Winner: Twitter names – Deathmaw, xpopstar, Discobeaver, BaaGoesTheSheep, gunnersjames, AngelDreadguard, BMWEvolution3, RogueLegend, cheekychicken24 & VampireAzrial
Day 5: Today we’ve giving away 5 copies of Soccer Superstar & Zenonia 2 on the iPhone
Winner: Twitter names – bizywizy, abrag77, TubbyTrevor, TheLynxDefect & FrostieDee
Day 6: Rounding off the week with an epic Popcap bundle including the following (physical copies of games)-
Bejeweled 2 / Bejeweled Twist / Plants V’s Zombies / Zuma’s Revenge / Peggle / Zuma / Chuzzle / Bookworm Adventures.
But it doesn’t end there, also in the bundle you’ll get a Plants V’s Zombies t-shirt and mouse mat, a number of Peggle pin badges and fluffy squeaking Chuzzle’s.
Winner: Twitter name - The_tigerpig
All users will be contacted by MidLife Gamer for delivery of physical and digital prizes. Thanks to everyone who participated!
For detailed Ts & Cs concerning the Twitter give-aways click here.
How is all of this possible? We’d like to thank the following companies for getting involved with our Episode 100 celebrations! In no particular order then…
Relentless Software – These are the lovely (and award winning) people behind the incredibly popular Buzz! series of trivia games, the latest family-orientated PSN smash Blue Toad Murder Files and an as yet unnamed secret project. For more info on their titles check out www.relentless.co.uk
FatShark – Swedish masterminds behind online western themed shooter Lead & Gold and the studio responsible for the sequel to one of the most successful franchise reboots in history, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2. We love FatShark and so should you! For more on their latest happenings visit www.fatshark.se
Zoë Mode – Zoë Mode makes music and party videogames; simple, social, games
that are effortlessly fun but don’t take themselves too seriously. Their latest title, Chime, is an incredibly addictive block puzzler, out now on XBLA. Want to find out more? Visit www.zoemode.com
Gamevil – Makers of Baseball Superstars, Soccer Superstars and one of Midlife Gamer’s favourite portable RPGs of 2010 – Zenonia 2 – Gamevil make full, rich, engrossing game experiences for the world’s most popular mobile devices. Check out what else they have to offer at www.gamevil.com
SCS Software – Makers of the very finest truck sim to grace store shelves – the formidable UK Truck Simulator – plus a bevy of diving and hunting titles to boot, SCS Software are the kings of sims. Go see their official site now for more on their latest titles… www.scssoft.com
PopCap – PopCap Games is the king of casual games – fun, easy-to-learn, captivating video games that appeal to everyone and are playable on multiple gaming platforms from Mac/PC and Web to mobile devices, consoles and even Facebook. For more information about PopCap or to check out hit games such as Bejeweled, Plants vs. Zombies, Peggle and Zuma, visit www.popcap.com
Rising Star Games – Way Of The Samurai 3, Half Minute Hero, No More Heroes 2 – just three of Rising Star’s superb range of games direct from Japan. Fan of engaging, unique and inspiring games from the East? You need look no further than the Rising Star Games official website www.risingstargames.com
SouthPeak Games – Responsible for bringing the incredibly brilliant 3D Dot Game Heroes to the UK, SouthPeak Games never fail to excite with their range of diverse and entertaining releases. Go see what awesome stuff they’re working on right now by checking out www.southpeakgames.com
Nordic Games – Makers of the insanely popular We Sing franchise, Nordic Games make karaoke cool; take four players, four mics and a selection of roughly fourty tracks and you’ve got the makings of an incredible night in. Go see what they’ve got coming up next on their website www.nordicgames.se
‘Epic Loot’ Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is Midlife Gamer.
2. By entering this promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these rules (“Rules”). Entrants who satisfy all these Rules shall be eligible to enter the promotion, subject to availability.
3. Employees or contractors of the Promoter or any person directly or indirectly associated with this promotion and in each case their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this promotion.
4. This promotional prize draw is open to all UK resident individuals aged 18 or over who successfully register for the ‘Epic Loot’ competition via the Email and/or Twitter method on or before 11:59:59 hrs on 16 July 2010 (“Closing Date”). No purchase necessary. Entry is restricted to one entry per individual.
5. The prize is non-transferable and no cash-alternative will be provided.
6. Prize draw entries will be accepted between 20:30:00 hrs on 05 July, 2010 and 11:59:59 hrs on the Closing Date.
7. The winner will be chosen randomly from all eligible entrants. The winner will be notified by email or Twitter using the details that they provided during the competition registration within fourteen days from the Closing Date. The winner will be asked to provide their full postal address for the prize to be delivered. If: (1) the Promoter is unable to contact a prize winner (due to an email bounce back); or (2) the Promoter does not receive a valid postal address for prize delivery to a prize winner, within 14 days from the date which the Promoter first sent the email notification to that prize winner, then an alternative winner will be selected at random and the original prize winner will no longer be entitled to their prize. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Prizes will be delivered by registered post to the address provided by the prize winner to the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility if the prize is lost, damaged, or delayed in transit.
9. Any Midlife Gamer competition registrations that are incomplete, not transmitted, or transmitted with errors or corruptions will be deemed invalid for the purpose of this promotion.
10. Entries made by or on behalf of third parties, bulk entries, or activations made by agents will not be accepted.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter, or withdraw the promotion or otherwise provide an alternative or substitute prize at its sole discretion.
12. The Winner may be required to co-operate and participate in publicity and publicity materials and consent to being photographed for such purposes. In submitting the entry, the entrant authorises use of the entry for any promotional purposes in relation to the competition in perpetuity by any and all means in any and all media, including reproduction for online, television, publication and exhibition use.
13. The Promoter will need to process any personal data that entrants submit for the administration of this promotion and entrants consent for these purposes.
14. The Promoter will not accept any responsibility for claims, losses, costs, expenses, or liability of any kind whatsoever suffered by entrants, to the extent permitted by law.
15. The prize draw and these terms are governed by English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over it.